Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ewww!

How can somebody so adorable be so disgusting? Of course, I am talking about Thing 1. And, of course, it has to do with poop. Who would have thought that poop would play such a prominent role in the life of a 22 month old?

Since I told you about the first time that she took her diaper off in her crib, she has done it a few more times. During this time, she has progressed to the point where she'll take her pants off and then take her diaper off. Then she goes to sleep and wakes up in a big puddle. Fortunately, she hadn't learned how to unsnap a onesie. So if she was put to bed wearing a onesie, she would wake up with her diaper still attached.

Perhaps you noticed my use of the past tense, she hadn't learned how to unsnap a onesie. That changed this weekend and in dramatic fashion, too. She decided that if she was going to make a big breakthrough and learn how to unsnap, she should mark the occasion with something a little grander than just leaving a wet spot in the crib. She decided this would be a good time for her to poop in her diaper before taking it off. And, naturally, once she saw the gross deposit in her diaper, she just had to play with it. And that is how Alpha Male found her when he got her up from her nap on Sunday. Naked, except for the poo. When I heard him calmly call for Alpha Female, I knew that something gross must have happened, so I stayed far away. But I did see lots of bleach and laundry going in and out of Thing 1's room. When all of the hoopla died down, I gave the Alphas some very good advice. I told them that it is time to either step up potty training or invest in lots of duct tape to secure those diapers. I think the duct tape might be more successful, because (and don't tell the Alphas I said this) if she's not potty trained by now, I'm not sure that she is potty trainable. I mean, I was completely potty trained by three months old, and I'm just a dog. I hope they like buying diapers...and duct tape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is totally gross!

Kevin