Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mastication


Why is Thing 1 so gross? It seems like whenever I talk about her, I am talking about some new gross thing she is doing. Fortunately, this is not about some new gross thing she is doing. This is about an old gross thing. She likes to chew up food and then keep it in her mouth without swallowing it. Later, sometimes hours later, she'll spit the food out. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat any food I can get my paws on, but food that has been in a toddler's mouth for well over thirty minutes tends to get kind of warm. Not too bad if it is a green bean or something else that is supposed to be warm, but it is a little weird to eat warm fruit. Maybe she keeps the food in her mouth in case she decides she is hungry later. I should try that, but I doubt I have the willpower to put food in my mouth without eating it.

On a totally unrelated topic, you and I both know that the only thing that separates humans from dogs is that humans have hands with opposable thumbs. If I had thumbs, I'd be able to do everything that you do. I guess that is why it is big news around here that Thing 2 is discovering that she has hands. She is slowly, very slowly, becoming more like a human. But I'm going to enjoy this time while she is still spitting out milk for me, but has not yet perfected the use of her hands to the point where she can pull my beard.

Finally, did you notice that the slide show on the right hand side of my blog is showing new pictures? Pretty impressive of Alpha Male to make a new album and for me to update my blog to point to it, don't you think?

No comments: