Saturday, January 3, 2009

Why the Double Standard?

Thing 2 is making great advances with the potty training. She is now wearing mostly panties, or nothing at all, and I am seeing less carpet cleaner around. Today I decided to get in on the potty training and help her, and the Alphas, out some. She was wearing just her princess shirt (it was a full moon downstairs) and walking around outside eating a cupcake. She had just gone pee pee in the potty so the Alphas weren't being super vigilant. I decided this was the time to make my move.

I could tell just by looking at her that she had to poo. So I stepped off the patio onto the grass and showed her how it was done. She's no dummy, so she followed suit. When she was done, she walked up to the screen door and said, "Mommy, I poo poo outside." At first, I don't think Alpha Female quite believed what she was hearing, but then she walked over to investigate. I thought she would be so proud of me for teaching Thing 1 to go poo poo outside just like I do. Instead, she said, "Wow, you sure did poo poo outside. Thing 1, you should put your poo poo in the potty next time." Thing 1 was then whisked away for a clean up. The Alphas weren't appreciative at all. I never did get a thank you. Next time I won't let her do it on the patio, I'll make her move to the grass. Maybe the Alphas would appreciate that more.

2 comments:

J.G. said...

more often than not humans just dont get it do they gaussxxxxxxxxxxx
splinky marie >^..^<

P.S. by Jane: This post features an actual contribution from Splinky Marie. She was not content to dictate that last part. I'm not sure why.

FamilyReporter said...

Maybe the Alphas will be happier about her poo'ing on the porch after she poo'ed on the carpet today.

Gauss