Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moldy Bread

What happened to Thing 1?

Because I consider myself an educator as well as an intellect, I think that question can only be answered by journeying back through time to 1928. It was in that year that Alexander Fleming discovered the mold from which penicillin is derived. Over time, antibiotics received widespread acceptance for treating infections and have save many lives. Our journey through time ends in a pediatrician's office last week, more than eighty years after that landmark discovery. It was in this very pediatrician's office that Thing 1 was prescribed an antibiotic to treat an ear infection. The Alphas have been told that it was this antibiotic that led to Thing 1's horrific rash. Believe it or not, the rash is actually a lot worse than it looks in this picture. I think it's gross but it doesn't seem to bother Thing 1. In fact, she was enjoying an ice bath very much when this picture was taken.

2 comments:

J.G. said...

meow yow sometimes my tummy itches but this is ridiculous
mom says this will be a great shot to embarass Thing 1 with someday when she has a boyfriend
splinky
>^..^<

Anonymous said...

Boy, I hope she feels better soon! Is that Stevens-Johnsons'? When I was working and selling antibiotics they always had that in the potential side effects for certain kinds if you're allergic, but I never saw any pictures of it. I am glad it doesn't seem to be bothering her! Hope the ear infection clears up soon.