Monday, January 19, 2009

Notes from Jail

I just stole bread from Thing 1's hand and now I am doing time for my misdeed. I am in lock up in the bathroom so that I can "think about what I've done." (It's kind of weird that there is a computer in here now that I think about it.) Anyway, I've decided to spend the time blogging, so it's really not a punishment at all.

Here is a question I have for everybody. When you are at a restaurant and a two year old is staring at you while you eat, do you think it's a little creepy? I've got mixed feeling about this. I tend to think it is a little creepy when a stranger stares at me silently. However, when I really think about it, some people may think that I do the same thing. Whenever a human in my family is eating, I watch the situation intently because you never know when food may drop to the ground. I suppose that could be interpreted by some as staring. The reason I ask is because the family was eating at a restaurant yesterday and Thing 1 was standing up in the booth staring at the couple eating in the next booth. She didn't say anything and she didn't smile or wave at them. She just silently watched them interact and eat. Of course, the Alphas took the path of least resistance and just let her do it rather than trying to teach her a life lesson about the impoliteness of staring. I know that if one of the Alphas were to behave that way, it would be very strange and creepy to everybody involved. I'm just wondering at what age this type of behavior is no longer acceptable. Maybe around that same time that it is no longer acceptable to run around naked. Does that mean that nudists get to stare at people no matter how old they are?

No comments: