Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hyperbole

When Alpha Female was little, around Thing 2's age, she used to keep a journal. Perhaps this was the inspiration for my blog. Now that I think about it her journal was very similar to my blog. Of course, Alpha Female is kind of old so this was long before blogs, or even desktop computers, were common. I guess she was ahead of her time. She also had remarkably good penmanship for a one year old. But I digress. In her journal she wrote about the things that were happening in her life, like her trip to Disney World when she was about a week old and what she got for her first birthday. In one of her journal entries she said that she had pork chops for dinner and that she ate a lot; more than her daddy.

I have always thought this was just Alpha Female exaggerating in her Alpha Female way. However, recently I have started to think that it was probably the completely accurate truth. You see, I've been watching Thing 2 eat. And she really does eat more than Alpha Male on most nights. She can put some food away! This is awfully disappointing to me because I depend on her sharing at least some of her food with me. Last night I think Thing 2 might have had more for dinner than Alpha Male, Alpha Female, and Thing 1 combined. I just hope she doesn't start stealing my food!

No comments: