Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Human Great-Grandmother


This week my family said goodbye to my human great-grandmother. We loved her very much. She was a special person and a great friend to us dogs. She had a special place in her heart for Great Danes, but I think she liked us smaller dogs too. She would always bring treats to my human grandparents' house for my doggie uncles and treats for the humans too (Alpha Female could always find Life Savers in her purse). When Alpha Female was just a little girl, she would ride her bike to her grandmother's house just so she could eat Twix and drink mint iced tea that her grandmother always kept in the refrigerator.

My human great-grandmother was such a dog lover, that she would let the neighbor dog come inside and eat leftovers straight off of the humans' plates. I hear that the neighbor dog would lick the plate totally clean. My human great-grandmother once told Alpha Female that she let the dog lick the plate clean because then she wouldn't have to wash the dishes. I think she was just kidding, but you never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about that.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss.