Monday, December 10, 2007

Endorsements



I've noticed that when celebrities endorse things, it can lead to big results. Take Oprah and Obama for example. Anyways, I've decided to capitalize on my celebrity dog blogger status and make a few endorsements of my own. I am a celebrity, right?

First, I'd like to throw my support behind naps. Naps are wonderful, what is not to like about a nap? Do I really need to say anymore about this? Without naps, I couldn't possibly get in twenty hours of sleep a day. In fact, my human sister is in the middle of a marathon nap right now. She's been at it for 3 1/2 hours and shows no signs of stopping. I applaud her dedication.

Second, I'd like to give a shout out to brownies. Specifically, Ghirardelli fudge brownies. Alpha Male picked them up when he went to the grocery store. It is always awesome when he does the grocery shopping because he usually comes back with some wonderful treat like these brownies. These are probably the best brownies that have ever been in this house, or so I hear. Unfortunately, the Alphas didn't let me eat any, but how could they not be wonderful? I mean, do you see the layer of fudge on top?

Third, I'm an advocate of prenatal massages. The big question here is, "How do they do it?" I mean, Alpha Female couldn't possible lay on her huge belly, she would probably roll to the side like a beached whale or something if she even tried. The answer is a special pillow with cut out holes for all the parts of a pregnant woman that seem to expand. Climbing up on the table and fitting the belly into the cutout is a little tricky, but it's wonderful for a pregnant woman to be able to lay on her belly for a little while, I lay on mine all the time. And I imagine a massage is always relaxing, especially if said pregnant woman has just finished law school.

My second to last endorsement is handed out to balloons. I mean really, what is better than playing with a bunch of helium balloons? Watching my human sister get the ribbons wrapped around herself and then walk through the house is pretty fun too.

And finally, I must give a hearty endorsement to parks. I prefer the parks that allow dogs, but there aren't many of them around here so my second favorite are parks with playground equipment. My human sister really enjoys going to the playground these days. In fact, yesterday the Alphas pulled up to the playground and it was really crowded so they started to back the car up to go to another, less crowded, park. My human sister saw that they were leaving before she had even gotten a chance to play and screamed, "No! Please, no!" She sounded genuinely concerned and upset so the Alphas decided to stay at the crowded park. They had no idea that she loved the playground that much!

I often wonder what else she thinks that she cannot share with us. I have found that blogging has been a good outlet for me, because I also cannot share much of what I am thinking. Maybe I will teach my human sister how to maintain her own blog as a means of expressing herself. She's probably old enough to learn how to type, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gauss,

That's too funny!

Kevin