Monday, October 29, 2007

Caveman Communication


I've heard the Alphas commenting a lot recently that my human sister seems to have hit some major milestone that has really made her seem like more of a person. I think that this indefinable change that they are noticing is because she can now communicate so well. Instead of just communicating like a baby and crying when she needs or wants something, she is now communicating like a caveman and pointing, clapping, and screaming to express her needs. In the mornings, she will come stand in front of Alpha Female and complain a little bit. Alpha Female then says, "show me" and my human sister walks into the kitchen (while making sure that Alpha Female is following her), goes over to the cupboard, and bangs on it until Alpha Female opens it for her. She then picks out some food she wants to eat, usually raisins, orange slices, or goldfish. Today, for the first time, she walked over to Alpha Female, grabbed her hand, and pulled her into the kitchen to ask for some food. This ability to communicate is really giving her a lot of power. I wish I could just get food on demand. She's so confident with her new powers that she will refuse certain foods and even make special requests. And when the Alphas figure out what it is she wants, she will clap, giggle, and do a little dance. She's a good caveman.

No comments: