Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tonguey McGee

I'd like to devote this entire post to Thing 2 because I feel she's been getting short shrift. As one of seven puppies born in a litter, I know what it's like to not get all the attention you deserve. And Thing 2 does deserve a lot of attention. I'll fill you in on some of her latest developments.

We call her Tonguey McGee sometimes because she likes to just stick her tongue out a lot. Unfortunately, I think that this contributes to her drooling problem. And while I don't want to hurt her feelings, somebody should tell her that it's a problem when your drool soaks your clothes all the way down to your belly button.

Besides her fascination with her tongue, she has also a fascination with her hands. Who can blame her? If I had hands, I'd stare at them for hours, too.

And just today, Tonguey McGee seemed awfully interested in watching Alpha Female eat, so Alpha Female gave Tonguey some cereal for the very first time. She caught on to that pretty quickly and wolfed down quite a bit. If I wasn't devoting this entire post to Tonguey, I'd tell you that Thing 1 enjoyed giving Tonguey spoonfuls of cereal, but Thing 1 gets plenty of my press coverage already, so I'll leave that part out. I'm just glad to see Tonguey eating solid food, that brings her one step closer to being able to feed me. I offered to help clean her face off after her cereal encounter, but I was turned down.

That's all the Tonguey news I have for now, when she starts doing some new tricks I'll fill you in.

No comments: