Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gamblers Anonymous

Wow, what a weekend! I spent Friday through Monday at the spa and it was great! All the food I could eat, six walks a day, and free singing lessons. I showed off my newly honed singing talents by howling the whole car ride home from the spa. I've always been a good singer, but when I come back from the spa I feel free to express myself more frequently.

While I was at the spa getting some doggie pampering, the humans were doing some stuff that they said was fun but can't possibly compare to my awesome weekend because their weekend didn't include nearly enough napping. In fact, they were so busy doing things other than napping that they still haven't told me about their entire weekend, just the first day. As soon as I hear about the rest of their weekend, I'll share it with you, but for now I'll just tell you what they did on Friday.

Friday was a momentous day in the life of Thing 1. It was the day she met Chuck. The Big Cheese. Chuck E. Cheese. What a fantastic place that was. Thing 1 couldn't stick the tokens in the games fast enough. She wasn't really into playing the games, she left that to the Alphas, but she sure did enjoy walking around with her bucket of coins and feeding them to the games. I suspect that Chuck E. Cheese might have a gambling problem and his chain of restaurants is just a way to get young people interested in gambling. From what I heard about her trip to Chuck E. Cheese's establishment, I have strong suspicions that 70 years from now you may be able to find Thing 1 sitting in front of a slot machine in Atlantic City. At Chuck's place though, nobody leaves empty handed. Thing 1 got to trade in the tickets she earned for some lovely jewelry and a lollipop. It might have been the best day of her life.


Cruising with the Big Cheese himself. Next stop Vegas!

No comments: