Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Human Sister Took Me for a Walk


I'm afraid that my human sister has officially surpassed me intellectually. She must be awfully smart to be smarter than a dog with a blog! I came to this realization last weekend when I saw her fetch. Fetching is something that I've never been able to master, but my human sister seems pretty good at it. Alpha Female asked my human sister to bring her something so that Alpha Female (who is getting pretty big around the middle these days, but you didn't hear that from me) wouldn't have to stand up. After a bit of directing, my human sister picked it up and brought it back to Alpha Female. The Alphas seem pretty happy about this and plan on exploiting this new found talent for good. That's actually one of the reasons I never mastered this skill, I didn't want to be put to work the way my human sister is going to be.

They are putting her to work in other ways, too. However her newest responsibility doesn't seem like much of a chore, more like a privilege. She gets to hold my leash and take me on walks now. I usually cooperate and don't pull too hard on the leash. However, today I got really excited and pulled her over. I think we both learned a valuable lesson from that. She learned to let go of my leash before she falls and I learned that I get in big trouble if I don't stop when Alpha Female tells me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture!