Sunday, September 2, 2007

Dogs and Football


I'd like to thank my readers for asking about my view of football in light of the Vick incident. Let me start by saying that my primary allegiances lay with college football. Why? Because the NFL has no canine teams, whereas there are several canine NCAA teams. This year, I'm pulling for the Huskies of Washington and the Bulldogs from Louisiana Tech. I don't understand why these teams aren't perennial powerhouses, considering the clear advantages of four legs over two. I'm glad it's football season again and enjoyed watching some good games yesterday. My condolences go out to any Michigan fans.

Now, about the Vick incident. I think he is a horrible person and deserves to spend lots of time in a dirty jail cell, maybe he should be forced to fight. I also think that the NFL should take a stance against all players committing crimes involving moral turpitude (this includes dog fighting) and ban them from the league. This is really a black and white issue for me. Hurting dogs is bad.

No comments: