Friday, January 1, 2010

Do I Live in a Zoo?


Everybody was having a lovely day until around 4:30 this afternoon. That's when the Alphas decided that everybody under 4 feet tall could take a bath together. This is nothing new, the Things and Horton usually bathe together; Horton splashes all of the water out of the tub while the Things play with their toys. Today, Horton got out of the tub early and was hanging out with me and Alpha Female in his Hugh Hefner robe while the girls continued playing supervised by Alpha Male. Suddenly, we all heard a shrieking sound coming from the bathroom. Alpha Female and I rushed in to see what was the matter. We discovered Alpha Male prying Thing 2's teeth off of Thing 1's finger. We have a biter!

Alpha Female took Thing 2 to time out while Alpha Male checked Thing 1 to make sure she hadn't contracted rabies. Thing 2 then spent the next 20 minutes in time out. She could have gotten out about 19 minutes sooner, but she refused to say, "I'm sorry." After she finally gave her sister a hug and apologized for her animal behavior (even I've never bitten anybody on purpose), she spent the rest of the evening running around the house naked. And I mean completely naked. Just as naked as I am right now. She watched TV naked, she played naked, and she ate dinner naked. It's barbaric, really.

If I ever write a book about child rearing, I will target it to the parents of 18 - 36 month old kids and I'll title it "Domesticating Your Child." I hope the Alphas read it, I've got a couple of pointers for them.

No comments: