Thursday, June 18, 2009

Road Trip


Last week the Alphas took the whole family for our first outing. All the kids and the Alphas piled in the car to come pick me up from the animal doctor (I was there for the previously mentioned worm problem). The reason they all came is because the animal doctor is right next door to an ice cream stand and the Things love ice cream. So after they all ate ice cream, it was time to get back in the car. Of course, I tried to get into my regular spot between the two car seats in the back. The problem was that my spot had been taken over by yet a third car seat. So can you believe where they put me? You are probably thinking that I got to ride in the front seat passenger's lap, but no! I had to ride all the way in the back, in the same place that Alpha Female puts the groceries! At first it was pretty humiliating but then I started to enjoy having all that space to myself. And it gave me a good opportunity to listen to the conversation on the drive home. Alpha Female sounds like such a mom! I'm not sure when she transformed from being a kid herself to being a mom, but I am sure that the transformation is now complete. This is what I heard that led me to this conclusion, "Thing 1, stop kicking your sister. Thing 1, there is an invisible line between your seat and your sister's seat, you must stay on your side of the line. Thing 1, put your hand back on your side of the line. Thing 1, stop kicking! Thing 2, give your sister her shoe back..." I hope that a car with an extra row of seating is in our future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of the "third row". :-) You can still defy the minivan...there are other solutions!

Glad to see you guys are doing great!

Kacy & Jeremy