Sunday, September 21, 2008

QUIET!

Don't get me wrong, I like peace and quiet as much as the next guy. When the Alphas watch football, I have to go in the other room because it's just too loud. But there are some sounds that even a curmudgeon like me can't complain about. These are things like birds chirping in the morning, waves crashing on the beach, and babies babbling to their mommies. Well, actually, birds chirping in the morning drive me nuts. I hate it when those stupid birds wake me up. And waves crashing on the beach can be annoying too. I don't really like playing in ocean water. I'm afraid I'm going to get carried away to the Bahamas, and I hear that schnauzer is a Bahamian delicacy. I guess that just leaves baby babbling as the only sound that nobody can complain about hearing. At least I thought that nobody could complain about the sound of precious little Thing 2 sitting in the back of the car quietly saying things like, "ba ba ba ba" and "gu da geeee." It turns out that I'm wrong. There is at least one person who can complain about these sounds. It's Thing 1. When she hears this adorable baby babbling, she responds by placing her finger over her lips and saying, "Quiet!" I guess there was a really good song on the radio that she wanted to hear.

No comments: