Sunday, August 10, 2008

Memorable Days


There are a few days in a dog's life that the dog will remember forever. For most of us, these are the day we come to live with our forever family, the day our forever family tells us we're going someplace to get "fixed" and we come home broken, and the day we discover that if we just do what our forever family asks us to do they will give us food. Of course, I remember all of these days (the day I got fixed I tried to run outside to chase an armadillo, it hurt), but I also can add another day to my list. That day would be yesterday. Yesterday was the first day that Thing 1 got out of bed all by herself and walked into the Alphas' room early in the morning and woke them up.

It seems that the Alphas thought it would be a good idea to move Thing 1 out of her crib. Of course, the down side to that is that Thing 1 now has free range of the house at any hour, just like me. She decided that 6:45 was a good time to wake up. I don't think the Alphas agreed with her, but they really didn't have a choice, so we were all up bright and early on Saturday. You sure can get a lot done if you start before the sun comes up. The Alphas came a long way in getting the house back in order after neglecting it (and me) all summer. I really appreciate that they took the time to give me a rawhide bone. Yum.

No comments: